Respected Principals of Schools:
The aim of writing this blog is to guide the new Principals of the school. Because when I became the Principal at the age of 33 I did not know what is to be done in the school. So this blog may help you.
As you know, military officers have to have the Officer’s like qualities similarly Principals must have the Principals like quality.
- Good teacher: To help the other teacher when required. And to become a role model of other teachers
- Mastery over his subject: Education is the lightening of one lamp from another and a real teacher is like a lighted lamp, once the teacher seizes to learn the light goes out.– Rabindranath Tagore
- Pleasing personality
- Effective supervisory capacity
- Person with rationality, sympathetic, and committal
- Good Public orator to motivate other
- Last but not the least He must have a good public relation.
- Academic work: syllabus making, curriculum making, routine, calendar and so on
- Supervisory work: during exam, class hour, office, public exam
- Relationship work: Must maintain good profession, ethical and personal relationship with the staffs, student, guardian and authorities. He must keep an Honorable distance with everybody.
- Must work for Further growth of the institutions through academics and sports development.
A Principal Sir must keep the following line in his mind while having words with the guardians…………
A customer (Guardians) is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. We are not doing him a favour by serving him. He is doing us a favour by giving us an opportunity to do so. M.K. Gandhi
If you have enjoyed reading this post I would be very grateful if you would help it to spread by sharing on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, by clicking on the share buttons below. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask them in the comment section below.
See you in my next blog post.
Also Read on Science Reckoner: