In this blog we have comprehensively enlisted the so far all the The ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES OF A PRINCIPAL with in the school. There may be more. After reading this blog please give us your invaluable inputs
While in administration A principal has to pass orders.
So what is an order?
Any legal instruction is an order
Since the Principal of a school is not a mini dictator so if he passes the order in a discussion form then its effect would be long lasting and very effective.
A Principal must be firm and very soft spoken.
anger is the false show of strength by a weak person, while politeness, and cool person mind reflects dignity and strength of a strong person
The ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES OF A PRINCIPAL
EDUCATION: In education department
- The Principal should take the assigned classes with full devotion, so that the other teachers of the school should get inspired.
- Checking all the attendance registers, statistical registers, notice registers, and substitution registers, class record register and marks registers etc.
- Holding weekly departmental head meeting preferably on Monday.
- Holding weekly meeting with hostel warden, preferably on Monday.
- Holding weekly meeting with teachers.
- Holding meeting with House Master preferably on Friday weekly and checking the house activity register.
- Scrutinizing the lesson plan and teacher’s diary daily.
- Scrutinizing the record of the weekly class test in the marks register.
- Signing the prepared statistical register and the prepared class substitution register.
- Signing the prepared invigilation list during the examination time.
- Scrutinizing the fluency of English among the students in the school.
- Checking out the Question Papers, if the teachers have followed the KUAS and sending the same for the
Printing and checking the printouts of the Question Papers, and making the necessary correction work.
- Checking attendance registers of staffs and students regularly.
- Checking out the punctuality of the teachers and students.
- Checking out every aspect of Laboratories and Library.
- Checking out all the details of the Theoretical and Practical examinations of Std. IX, Std. X, Std. XI and Std. XII before sending to the board.
- Collecting the lesson plan from all the teachers on Monday and distributing on Friday.
- Class supervision of the teachers twice a month.
19 . Giving Holiday H.W. and taking the report of the defaulters of H.H.W. after the vacation.
- Giving the responsibilities to the class teacher to check out the cleanliness of the students.
- Holding seminar and work shop for the teachers.
- Keeping an eye on the general rules and regulation during examination, corrections & scrutiny.
- Keeping an eye on examination procedure.
- Checking out how far syllabus of a class got completed by tallying with the print out of syllabus.
- Purchasing Hindi and English newspapers and magazines for the Library.
- Writing notice to the teacher, students and guardians.
- Holding meeting with the members of education council for syllabus.
- Analyzing the results and discussing the same with the subject teachers for abnormally high score and abysmally low scores.
- Checking out the status of drinking water and toilet’s condition of the school.
- Keeping an eye on the cleanliness of class rooms and whole premises of the school. Ensuring the class rooms should be cleaned with phenyl everyday.
- Checking out the security of school and fire fighting devices.
- Changing the non performer from the portfolios.
- Visiting hostel and Keeping an eye on the boarder’s performance.
- Keeping an eye on teaching aids and school properties.
- Keeping the notice board of the teachers and the students active.
- Ensuring the programs for weak students and gifted students.
- Filling up feedback form of the students and teachers in each month.
- Tracking the internet users.
- Tracking the fees defaulter and increase monthly collection of the school.
- Keeping an eye on general discipline of the students, teaching and non teaching staffs.
- Calling the interviewees, after downloading the C.V. or from the letter, taking interview of the teachers, Mentioning the date of joining in the register of the teacher.
- Full filling the formalities of the admission of the students.
- Keeping an eye on quality of food served in the Canteen.
- In the first week of December- giving the reminder of new books by contacting the publishers.
- Preparation of A.C.R. (Annual Confidential Report) of the teachers.
- Holding managing committee meeting twice a year.
Sitting with the management members for yearly policies, educational policies, planning, organization,
development, curriculum, placing the annual budget, short comings of the school.
For the better transparency between staffs and management, and for the smooth running of the school in
the four Departments a) Education, b) Administration and c) Finance d) Public Relation
- Chalking out the detailed plan for sports and making the sports a successful event.
- Taking the admission test of the new students.
- Making the curriculum of school for entire session, sitting with the teachers.
- Organizing a health camp for students and teachers.
- Stock checking in office, library and laboratories (P, C, M, Bio and Computer).
- Fixing up the school timings of different classes. Visiting hour of Principal
- Fixing up the Annual fees, Session fees, Lab charges from VIII-XII, Computer course fees from V-XII,
Caution money of the school.
- Meeting with the visitors within the fixed visiting hour.
- Signing the daily expenses register.
- Sending money to bank everyday & checking the passbook.
- Disbursing salary for all the staffs.
- Signing the daily expenses register of hostel and school.
- Holding a monthly guardian meeting along with school secretary
- Holding managing committee meeting twice a year.
- Signing the visitors register, giving appointments to the visitors and meeting the visitors with appointments.
- Checking out the complain box every day and take the necessary step according to the complain
- Going to the survey, and doing some social work like blood donation, environment protection, road safety, symposium, with a press conference. And prepare a report of it.
If you have enjoyed reading this post The ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES OF A PRINCIPALI would be very grateful if you would help it to spread by sharing on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, by clicking on the share buttons below. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask them in the comment section below.
See you in my next blog post.
Also Read on Science Reckoner: